I am writing to you to let you know that everything is going to be okay. Whoever you are, where ever you are in life right now, it will be okay, you will be okay. It is hard to believe that, I know, especially when lots of things seem to be piling up on you and series of events just take over your streak of calmness. It is so easy to worry; it is so easy to focus more on the problems in our life than in the blessings that are constantly being presented to us. I don’t know why we do that. It is very easy to tell others not to worry when they’re stressed or upset but when it comes to telling ourselves that, we don’t really abide by it, we don’t even consider not worrying at the moment.
I worry, not always but occasionally. I worry and can go without showing any signs. I don’t like worrying about things. It doesn’t always make sense to. Worrying gets us nowhere, especially when we worry about something that is not in our control. It causes more stress by expecting certain outcomes from the unknown, from future events.
I want to share with you all some tips for when you are feeling a bit worried.
- Analyze the situation and think “is there anything I can do right now to improve situation.” And if there is then go for it act on it and if not don’t put all the pressure on yourself, don’t voluntarily carry more than what you can handle.
- Know that you are not in control, accept it.
- Know who is in control.
- And if you don’t know who that is, it is God.
- So much precious time is given up by worrying, so instead of holding in everything, cast your troubles, fears, and doubts to the Lord, he will listen to you and he will guide you. 1 Peter 5:6-11 “Peter says, cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.”
- Learn to turn to God first. Don’t try to place your hopes and your confidence on things from the unstable world, rather use God’s words and your personal time with him in prayer to give you hope and confidence.
- Each and every one of us are called to “relate to God in the midst of anxiety.” The bible speaks the truth, it is the way of life. Reading the bible is a way which we can receive a sense of calmness because after all, it is God speaking directly to us and through His beloved son, Jesus Crist.
Next time you feel a bit of anxiety remember to take a few deep breaths and call out to the Lord, ask him to guide you through the chaos, to help you prepare for what is to come, for only He knows what lies ahead.
Take it easy, and relax, everything is going to be okay.
Sincerely, the girl who “worried” about getting this blog turned in before its due.. T -minus 1 hour, and about studying for a test coming up. haha
But on a serious note please know that “the Bible offers a personal, redeeming, powerful God who enters our struggles and meets us with His grace. This is where we see the beauty of Christ and learn to talk to and depend upon him as the Spirit enables us.”
Remember to seek God always, love God always and do not be discouraged. Do not let a series of unfortunate events lead you away from God, on the contrary, do everything you can to learn more about Him and to get closer to Him. He cares so much about you and He wants to know that you care enough about yourself to want to feel better by seeking Him.
Jennifer Baker – Writer, unparalleled love