This year has been of constants ups and downs. I have cried, I have laughed, I have had bad times, I have met people who have arrived to stay and people who came and left. People who have made me learn and people who have been life lessons; I have lived unforgettable experiences and learned from a thousand mistakes.
I’m trying grasp all the puzzle pieces to see all the blessings, lessons learned, and all the love that was given, but the end of the year is coming to a quick close. I’m realizing, even if I get every single piece, I’m never going to wrap it all up because so many things happened this year, and I know I’ll be missing some.
I want to share 10 ‘facts’ that I have learned about myself in 2016:
- I am insecure: little by little I have learned that my insecurities are ever-present, but through His love I’ve been able to find my place of security.
- I have a strong personality but I have learned to shut up when necessary.
- I am very heartfelt: I cannot hide when something seems wrong to me. If there is something I do not like, you can notice it from miles away. The first sign is: if I’m sitting, I start to move my leg as if they paid me for it. I cannot help it.
- I’m too “picky”: it’s easier to say what I like.
- I am very very disorderly: I have not yet found a remedy for this, although I hope that over the years it will change.
- I am happy eating and going shopping.
- I need to be around my family and friends always.
- I love coffee… Too much I would say.
- I love celebrating birthdays meaning that I like to dance, have some wine, cake, and simply have a good time.
- And, finally, I love my faith. I love being involved with my parish. I love being in love with God.
*** I know these things are nothing new in my life but this year they have popped out a lot more.
2017 — I’m ready.
I don’t know what to expect, I don’t know what you hold for me, but I know I’m ready for you. I know that I can handle the bad moments and embrace the great moments. I know that I’m open to learning and appreciating why things won’t turn out the way I wish they could. I’m ready to fill up my planner with adventures for this New Year.
I’m ready to take a leap of faith and let God take me by the hand.
2017, I haven’t met you yet but I’m already in love and excited for you.
Happy New Year,
Claudia Navichoque – Writer, unparalleled love